Artefact is published by the Irish Association of Art Historians. We aim to provide an outlet for the publication of new and emerging scholarship in Ireland, by Irish scholars living abroad, or on topics relating to Irish visual and material culture. We welcome submissions on all periods and aspects of art and architectural history, design history, and material and visual culture studies.
We are currently accepting submissions. Submissions are now invited for Issue Ten of Artefact. The deadline for receipt of full-length submissions of 3,000 – 5,000 words is 28 February 2021.
Please see below for indicative guidelines.
Submissions, following the Artefact Submission and Style Guidelines 2016, should be emailed to email@example.com. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may not be accepted by the Editorial Board.
- Articles should be between 3,000 – 5,000 words long.
- Exhibition and book reviews should be between 1,000 -2,000 words long.
For more information please email Artefact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Contributions to Issue 9 edition include:
- Corrinna Ricasoli. Some New Evidence on the Tomb of the Cavalier d’ Arpino in San Giovanni in Laterano, Rome Corrinna Ricasoli
- Aoife Frances Brady. A Copper Copy after Guido Reni
- Tara Kelly. Purchasing the Past: Consumers of Irish Facsimile Jewellery 1840–1940
- Kayla Rose. Reviving Illumination, Revealing Identity: The Illuminated Presentation Address in Ireland’s Celtic Revival
- Billy Shortall. Hillary Heron: A Pioneering Modernist
For details on how to obtain copies of previous editions of Artefact, please email the editorial committee.