Artefact is published by the Irish Association of Art Historians. We aim to provide an outlet for the publication of new and emerging scholarship in Ireland, by Irish scholars living abroad, or on topics relating to Irish visual and material culture. We welcome submissions on all periods and aspects of art and architectural history, design history, and material and visual culture studies.
We are not currently accepting submissions. A call for submissions for Issue 10 will be circulated in Spring/Summer 2017. Please see below for indicative guidelines.
Submissions, following the Artefact Submission and Style Guidelines 2016, should be emailed to email@example.com. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may not be accepted by the Editorial Board.
- Articles should be between 3,000 – 5,000 words long.
- Exhibition and book reviews should be between 1,000 -2,000 words long.
For more information please email Artefact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Issue 8 of Artefact is will be published in Autumn 2016. Contributors to the 2015/16 edition include:
- Sinead Furlong-Clancy, Paintings, Parks, and Parasols: Models of fashionable femininity and female resistance of conventional gender expectations in the art of Édouard Manet and the Impressionists
- Rachel Healy, A Portrait of two Venetian Gentlemen in the National Gallery of Ireland: A Question of Identity
- Deirdre Kelly, AE: An Irish Symbolist
- Martha Hegarty, Affect and Beauty in Alice Maher’s L’Université
For details on how to obtain copies of previous editions of Artefact, please email the editorial committee.