Artefact is published by the Irish Association of Art Historians. We aim to provide an outlet for publication for new and emerging scholarship in Ireland, by Irish scholars living abroad or on topics relating to Irish visual and material culture. We welcome submissions on all periods and aspects of art and architectural history, design history and material and visual culture studies.
We are currently accepting submissions of articles and reviews for Issue 10. Artefact CFP 2020
- Articles should be between 3,000 – 5,000 words long.
- Exhibition and book reviews should be between 1,000 -2,000 words long,
The journal aims to demonstrate the range and diversity of new and emerging graduate and postgraduate research undertaken in Ireland, by Irish scholars living abroad or on topics related to Irish visual and material culture. It is the only peer-reviewed journal in Ireland committed to publishing contemporary research in the areas of art history, design history, material culture and visual culture studies on Irish and internationally focused subjects.
We welcome submissions on topics related to Irish art history, design history, material and visual culture studies. We will also consider more internationally-focused subjects from Irish-based scholars.
For more information please email Artefact [email@example.com].
Contributions to Issue 9 edition include:
- Corrinna Ricasoli. Some New Evidence on the Tomb of the Cavalier d’ Arpino in San Giovanni in Laterano, Rome Corrinna Ricasoli
- Aoife Frances Brady. A Copper Copy after Guido Reni
- Tara Kelly. Purchasing the Past: Consumers of Irish Facsimile Jewellery 1840–1940
- Kayla Rose. Reviving Illumination, Revealing Identity: The Illuminated Presentation Address in Ireland’s Celtic Revival
- Billy Shortall. Hillary Heron: A Pioneering Modernist