In information on April 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm
ISSUE 7 – Call for submissions
Deadline Saturday, 1st June, 2013.
Submissions, following the Style Guidelines, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles should be between 3,000 – 5,000 words long.
- Exhibition and book reviews should be between 1,000 -2,000 words long.
Artefact is a peer reviewed journal published by the Irish Association of Art Historians in consultation with academics from universities across Ireland, north and south.
The journal aims to demonstrate the range and diversity of new and emerging graduate and postgraduate research undertaken in Ireland, by Irish scholars living abroad or on topics related to Irish visual and material culture. It is the only peer-reviewed journal in Ireland committed to publishing contemporary research in the areas of art history, design history, material culture and visual culture studies on Irish and internationally focused subjects.
We welcome submissions on topics related to Irish art history, design history, material and visual culture studies. We will also consider more internationally-focused subjects from Irish-based scholars.
For more information please email Artefact [email@example.com].
In information on April 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm
Since its foundation in 1972 the principal aim of the Association has been the advancement of the study of the history of art at every level in Ireland: in art galleries and museums, in universities, in art schools and departments, in the school system, and through independent scholarship and publication. Membership is open to professional art historians and also to all who share the aims of the IAAH, irrespective of professional or educational status.
In addition to Artefact an integral part of the Association’s aim to promote the research and scholarship being undertaken countrywide in art & architectural history, design history, material and visual culture studies is the annual IAAH Artefact Study Day which takes place in late spring.
The IAAH is the representative association for art historians in Ireland and is responsible for the election of the Irish National Committee of the Comité International d’Histoire de l’Art (CIHA).
In information on September 4, 2012 at 6:08 pm
Artefact Editorial Board [Issue 6/2012]
- Kate Antosik Parsons (University College Dublin)
- Carla Briggs (University College Dublin)
- Dr Linda King (Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology)
- Dr Niamh NicGhabhann, (Trinity College Dublin)
- Dr Audrey Nicholls (Irish Association of Art Historians)
- Katharina Pfützner (National College of Art & Design)
- Ann Wilson (Cork Institute of Technology)
- Rachel Warriner (University College Cork)
IAAH Committee [2012-13]
- Chair - Dr Audrey Nicholls
- Secretary - Anne O’Leary
- Treasurer – Hilary Sexton, IMMA
- Events – Sarah Maguire
- Carla Briggs, UCD School of Art History & Cultural Policy
- Orla Fitzpatrick, National Museum of Ireland
- Louis W. Funder